Faiba bundles are cheap, fast, and reliable, which is very convenient. However, there is a limited number of agents available who sell the network’s airtime which makes purchasing data seem tiresome and inaccessible. That assumption is however farfetched. So, which procedure on how to buy Faiba bundles should you follow?
Purchasing JTL Faiba data for your router or Mi-Fi is simple. You do not need any technical skills, supercomputers, or magic, you can do it by yourself!
Procedure on how to buy Faiba bundles
Here are various ways you can use to recharge your JTL data. Before we start you should ensure that:
- You have enough airtime to purchase the package you want.
- You need a mobile phone or a PC
- For some methods, you will need an active internet connection. So, this technically means that if Faiba is your only source of internet, then you cannot perform some of the procedures listed here.
1. Using USSD Code
The most basic way of buying Faiba bundles is using their official USSD code. We highly recommend this method as it doesn’t need access to the internet or any credit balance. You should:
- Ensure that you have enough airtime balance to purchase bundles
- Unlock your phone. Use your password to do so.
- Open your “Phone” app: In some old models this is renamed “Dial”
- dial *111# from your Faiba line
- Select the first option to buy Faiba bundles.
- Next, you can choose whether you want to purchase a daily, weekly, or monthly bundle. Depending on the amount you have, chose the package you prefer.
- Confirm the purchase
You will receive a confirmation message from Faiba with details of the transaction and the number of bundles you purchased.
2. How to buy bundles for Faiba online
Here, you need a source of internet connection. If you do not have access to the web, then use the above method. Note that if you are using a hotspot network from any Faiba line, you do not need any data balance.
- Open your browser: We recommend Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and so forth. To launch your browser on a smartphone, head to the App List, scroll until you see its icon. Tap on it and move to the next step. On a PC, launch your start menu search for the program in question, and double-click on its logo to open it.
- Go to the Self Care portal: Use the following link to do so http://selfcare.jtl.co.ke.
- Head to buy bundles
- Select the bundle package you want to purchase, depending on the amount of airtime you have.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
3. Official app
Faiba bundles can also be bought via the Faiba app. Use the following procedure to download it, install and purchase data:
- Connect to the internet: Make sure you haven’t restricted your background data.
- Open Google Play Store: Launch your app list, scroll until you see the application’s logo which is a multi-coloured triangle. In some older models, this triangle is inside a briefcase. Click on it and move to the next step.
- Search for “Faiba”: Once the application is launched, navigate to the Search tab and type in “Faiba” without the quotation marks. Hit the magnifying glass to initiate the process.
- Click on the app from your search results: Odds are that it will be the first in the result page. Once you click on it, it will open a new window that will contain details of the application’s reviews, size, number of downloads, and so forth.
- Tap “Install”: This is a green button just next to the app’s icon. Accept all the permission and the installation will begin immediately.
- Open the application: The “Install” button will change to “Open”. Tap on it and move to the next step.
- Register: Enter your phone number, password, and any other details needed.
- Login: Use your password to do so.
- Purchase your bundles: On the application, you can do various tasks such as loading airtime and so forth. To top up your data balance, you need to head to the “Data” section.
- Choose the bundle package you prefer: This will highly depend on your airtime balance.
Viola! You should by now have received a notification message.
4. How to buy Faiba bundles via Mpesa.
You can never buy bundles via Mpesa. You can only purchase Airtime, which you can use to subscribe to a data package. Is that clear? Well, here is how you can buy credit from Safaricom M-Pesa:
- Open your SIM Tool Kit app: You can locate it from your App Tray
- Select the line you wish to make the transaction from: This only applies to users with dual SIM card phones
- Tap “M-PESA”: This will be the second option in the window
- Choose “Lipa na Mpesa”.
- Select Pay Bill: Enter the business number as 776611.
- The account number should be your Faiba number, which normally begins with 0747.
- Depending on the bundle you want to purchase, enter the amount,
- Provide your PIN.
- Confirm the transaction via the Hakikisha pop-up.
- Use any of the methods in this article to purchase your bundles once your airtime balance has reflected.
That is how to buy Faiba bundles from M-pesa.
5. Equitel Money
To buy Faiba bundles from Equitel:
- Select the Equitel toolkit and click on my money.
- Click on send/pay and go to your account.
- Next, go to pay bill and enter the business number 776611.
- A message prompt will appear asking you to enter your account, your Faiba number, which begins with 0747.
- Enter the amount depending on the bundle you want to purchase and give your pin.
6. How to buy bundles for Faiba using Equity Eazzy Pay
Use the following procedure:
- First, select Eazzy Pay and go to Paybill.
- Enter your Paybill number as 776611 and click send.
- A message prompt will appear asking for your account number which is your Faiba number, beginning with 0747.
- Depending on the bundle you want to purchase, enter the amount, confirm, and enter your PIN.
How to buy bundles for Faiba MiFi
When using a router, we recommend using method three mentioned above to make your purchases. This is because your phone may not have the capabilities to support the 4G SIM card. You should also use the process to top up your airtime, check balance, and do many other tasks without having to remove the Faiba SIM card from the router.
Faiba bundles plans
You can purchase any of the following depending on your airtime balance or preferences:
- I GB at Ksh. 50 for 1 day
- 8GB at Ksh. 300 for 7 days
- 15 GB at Ksh. 500 for 7 days
- 25 GB at Ksh. 1,000 for 30 days
- 40 GB at Ksh. 2,000 for 30 days
- 70 GB at Ksh. 3,000 for 30 days
- 120 GB at Ksh. 4,000 for 30 days
- 210 GB at Ksh. 6,000 for 30 days
You can opt for mobile for the following mobile plans which are valid for 30 days. They have unlimited on-net free calls and SMSs.
- Kifaru 1GB with 200 minutes and SMSs for off-net purposes at Ksh. 1,500
- Ndovu 2GB, 350 minutes and 500 SMS at Ksh. 2,500
- Simba 3GB, 700 minutes, 700 SMS at Ksh. 4,000
- Fisi Bundles: Unlimited data usage for an hour at Ksh 150.
The above are the different means of how to buy Faiba bundles. They are all fast and you will have your bundle with you in seconds.