You want to buy Airtel credit but it is 9 p.m. and you can’t leave the house and risk getting caught by the police. It is not fair for you to stay offline, yet you have some spare cash in Mpesa waiting to be used. Here are ways on how to buy Airtel credit from Mpesa.
Several ways have been introduced to cater for the needs of how to buying Airtel credit from Mpesa. Buying credit this way is very convenient since it is effortless and takes the least amount of time. Even better, it only requires you to make a few taps on your screen.
How to buy Airtel credit from Mpesa using different methods.
Below are three different ways on how to buy credit for your Airtel line from the Safaricom Mpesa.
PasaPal has long been providing a means of how to buy credit from your Mpesa account to your Airtel or Telkom line. It is very simple and all you need is simply a pay bill number and the Airtel number.
- Open your SIM Took Kit app: You can do so by launching your App List then scrolling up to down or left to right. Once you see the application icon. Tap on it.
- If you have a dual SIM gadget, then choose the line in question.
- Select “M-PESA”: This will be the second option
- Proceed to Lipa na Mpesa
- Click on the pay bill option. You will be asked for the business number. Enter 220220.
- You will also be asked for account number: Use your Airtel phone number.
- Enter the credit amount you want to buy.
- Proceed to give your PIN.
- You will receive your credit within a short period.
2. How to buy credit for Airtel from Mpesa using Tingg
You might be in a hurry and want to skip the whole Mpesa toolkit process. Tingg offers an easier alternative.
- Open your “Phone” app: In some older models this is renamed as “Dial Pad”
- Dial *369#, from your phone dial menu.
- Call using your Safaricom line
- A pop-up message will appear. Reply with number 4 to buy credit and send.
- To select the number to buy airtime for, select option 3 which will allow you to enter your number.
- Another pop up will come up asking you to select your destination network. Enter number 2 for Airtel.
- Another window will appear prompting you to enter the phone number, here you are to give your Airtel SIM card digits.
- Another Dialogue will appear prompting you to enter the credit amount.
- After you click send, another pop up will come asking you where you wish to buy your credit from. Click option one to purchase. That is how to buy Airtel credit from Mpesa using Tingg. What’s more, you can even access other services such as gas delivery using the USSD code.
Viola! Odds are that you have received an SMS notification with details of the transactions.
3. New pay bill
This option is the same as the PesaPal option in that it uses the pay bill number and your Airtel number. The best thing about this new pay bill is that it does not charge you any transaction fee when you buy credit of any amount below a hundred shillings. Here us how to buy credit from Mpesa to your Airtel line using the new pay bill.
- Launch the SIM toolkit app
- Select the line you wish to make the transaction from.
- Go to the Mpesa menu and click on the Lipa Na Mpesa option.
- Click on Paybill and give the pay bill number as 309028.
- The account number will be your Airtel number.
- Enter your desired credit amount.
- Give your PIN.
READ ALSO: What can frequent orgasms do to your skin?
4. How to buy Airtel credit from Mpesa using *487# USSD code
*487# is the newest method to purchase airtime and even sort your bills faster. What’s more fascinating about this service is that it saves all your numbers so that next time you want to purchase credit, you won’t need to remember your Airtel mobile digits. To use this method, follow the following steps:
- Launch your dial pad or Phone app: Chances are that this application has a shortcut on your home screen.
- Key in the following USSD code: *487#
- Process it via your Safaricom Line
- Follow prompts to purchase airtime: You will need to enter your mobile phone number, the amount, and other needed details.
The next time you want to purchase airtime for your Airtel SIM card, you will find the number saved on the service. The only downside of this method is that you need an airtime balance to access it. This adds other expenses on top of transaction fees.
READ ALSO: Maria Citizen TV cast and episodes
Those are the three most convenient and trustworthy ways on how to buy Airtel credit from Mpesa. This will go a long way to help you buy Airtel airtime at the convenience of your own home. You will not be required to dash out and interact with the policemen anymore.