Are you currently looking for a good job in the country? or probably wishing to change from your current place of work to a better one? Worry less because we got you covered, here are some handpicked latest jobs in Kenya that might suit you.
(Check out our guide on why a degree or a diploma won’t guarantee you a job to get tips on how to make yourself more marketable in the current employment market.)
Latest jobs in Kenya
Below is a list of the latest jobs in Kenya together with qualification, responsibilities, method of application and other vital details:
1. Uber – Licensed Private Hire Driver
Drive with Uber. Make money on your schedule. Make as much money as you need.
Apply for Uber latest jobs in Kenya here
2. The Co-operative Bank of Kenya– Employee Relations Manager, Data Engineer and Data Scientist
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965.
latest jobs in Kenya: Data Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
Job reference number DS/SSD/2019
How organizations capture, create and use data is changing the way we work and live. Many indicators suggest we are on the cusp of an analytics revolution that will transform how organizations are managed, as well as the economies and societies in which they operate.
Want to know what will happen in the future? Find the most lucrative opportunities? Get insights into impending outcomes? Make the best decisions possible and unearth opportunities for business?
You have an edge as far as data analytics is concerned; you stay on top of the latest analytics insights and trends, reimagining the possible within data analytics and analytical innovation. You think in terms of possibilities, opportunities and discoveries and have found your niche in the breadth and depth of advanced analytics that wow.
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? Look no further; Make your move towards analytical innovation within the Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” the place for those looking to new horizons.
The Data Scientist position is the perfect opportunity for you. You will be a pivotal member, reporting to Head – Business Intelligence. You will be responsible for applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, building high quality prediction algorithms, developing analytical reports and devising analytical solutions to use cases.
The primary requirement is not related to traditional programming or systems analysis skills but to the ability to create sophisticated, value-added analytic systems that support revenue generation, risk management, operational efficiency, regulatory compliance, portfolio management, and research.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights, leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain by performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in reports, dashboards and charts.
- Implement analytical model designs, perform any restructuring required, and review dataset implementations performed by the data engineer and BI developers.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques and Data mining using bank selected data mining tools.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems, Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for advanced analysis by creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines and standards and develop best practices for data management, maintenance, reporting and security.
- Implement statistical data quality procedures or test driven approach for quality assurance and conduct performance tuning to be able to optimize the application of statistical models and scripts
- Design, build, and maintain various parts of the data warehousing with respect to requirements gathering, data modeling, metric establishment, reporting production, and data visualization.
- Gather and process raw, unstructured data at scale into a form suitable for analysis then consolidate into the data warehouse in order to perform Business Intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Evaluate datasets for accuracy and quality using statistical data quality procedures, software, or test-driven approaches that ensure quality assurance and solve any issues which may arise.
- Assist to analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modeling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgment and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy;
- Provide test interfaces for users to test the reports and dashboards before being put on the production environment and carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret BI solutions.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on models developed, reports generated and statistical solutions devised.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes, and tools, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing high-impact changes, and getting feedback from stakeholders.
- A degree in statistics, data sciences or related quantitative fields is preferred (or equivalent on-the-job experience).
- A minimum 3-5 years of business experience as a Data Scientist or applied data experience is required.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL queries, or OLAP cubes is preferred.
- Experience in development of credit score cards will be a huge plus.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM and Decision Forests
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Excellence in at least R and/or Python is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig and Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. with good scripting and programming skills.
- Knowledge of agile software development process and performance metric tools.
- Experience extracting and cleaning text in different formats e.g. HTML, pdf files.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other team members across boundaries and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. Able to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive client relationships and partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Strong co-ordination and project management skills to handle complex projects.
latest jobs in Kenya: Data Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Engineering / Technical ICT / Computer
Job reference number: DE/SSD/2019
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We seek a fearless inventor with an artistic streak who can find creative solutions to tough problems and sculpt brilliant strategies from a mountain of data, someone who can create the digital equivalent of Mona Lisa with only an algorithm and a smile.
Reporting to the Head – Business Intelligence, the Data Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, evaluating and implementing data solutions and data architecture design.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and provide reports. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, maintain databases/data systems, and apply ETL procedures to normalize data.
- Gather information from business users to understand their detailed requirements and expectations, analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modelling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgement and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Carry out analysis of requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements. Manage the queue of requests and communicate to the appropriate advanced analytics, BI or data management functions.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements and roll out BI Solutions to stakeholders. Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes and tools, identifying areas for improvement, implement high impact changes and get feedback from stakeholders. Make changes to system/database configurations and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Build visualizations to summarize and make presentations to business and other key stakeholders. Filter, clean data and review reports, print outs and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Secure BI solutions by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the Bank.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company performance measurement and reporting as well as analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Guide the business in drawing report formats & wireframes and advice on the best approach to transform data and automate reports as well as Design and code reports/dashboards according to user specification with the key objective to deliver reports that will assist in decision-making and control.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or set up, carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret BI reports as well as deal with data, dashboards and report queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or any other degree in related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in BI & Software Development using Oracle.
- Experience with relational data modeling, data management and data processing. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages in analyzing large data sets (Excel, SPS, SAS etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques is desired.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL tools such as Oracle ODI and Microsoft SSIS.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix & Linux.
- A good understanding of relational databases, particularly Oracle.
- Good understanding of programming languages; specifically experience in database programming languages such as Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server TSQL.
- Experience in analysis, design and development of efficient business systems
- Good knowledge of reporting and business analytics tools such as such as OBIEE, Microsoft SSRS.
latest jobs in Kenya: Employee Relations Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 – 3 years
Job Field: Human Resources / HR
Job reference number: ERA/HRD/2019
We are seeking to strengthen our HR support to the business by recruiting a highly motivated individual for the position of Employee Relations Advisor. This is a stretching role and requires a self-directed professional with ambition to grow, develop their career and most importantly passionate about people.
Reporting to the Head, Employee Relations & Staff Welfare, this position handles employee engagement, organization climate, disciplinary matters, employee wellness and implementing staff recognition programs. This is a critical role and provides an exciting opportunity to be part of developing and executing People Agenda interventions that support delivery of business objectives.
- Facilitate through liaison with line managers, increased awareness and consistency of implementation of employee policies and procedures in the Bank.
- Review and provide input into the resolution and remediation actions of disciplinary matters in consultation with the team leader and the Director HRD.
- Involvement in Industrial Relations with regard to investigations and resolution of all queries raised by the Union or Line Managers on staff matters.
- Implementation of employee engagement initiatives in consultation with the HR Business Partners and the business.
- Implementation of the Employee Wellness program for corporate wellness for increased employee productivity in the Bank.
- Act as an advisor to the various stakeholders on employment legislation, union matters and all matters pertaining to employee relations.
- Under the guidance of the Head- Employee Relations and Staff Welfare, maintain relationships with internal/external stakeholders/customers, Kenya Bankers Association, FKE, Union and Functional Heads.
- Support the Head of the department for any litigation matters by liaising with the internal Legal department for technical legal advice, collating appropriate case documentation and evidence amongst other related duties
- Formulate input to the Employee Relations and Employee Wellness strategy.
- At least a university degree in HR, Law or equivalent from a recognized university with 2-3 years of demonstrable HR experience in a busy environment.
- Ability to contribute to team success by having a positive attitude to work and working with integrity.
- Working under pressure and with little supervision and hence the need to be self-driven and motivated.
- High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to use appropriate styles and methods of communication to ensure a professional yet personal customer service; excellent spoken and written English.
- Sound understanding of HR policies and procedures and a good understanding and knowledge of Labour and Employment legislation.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with others – at all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organized and to deliver results on time when under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances;
- Leads from the front, Delivers and owns results, Values and respects others, Drives innovation, Fosters Communication & Inspires trust and integrity Customer Centric.
3. KCB: Head, IT Risk & Security, IT Security Specialist
KCB Group Plc was registered as a non-operating holding company to oversee all KCB regional units including KCB Bank Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Ethiopia. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
latest jobs in Kenya: Head, IT Risk & Security
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 8 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the purpose of the role is to safeguard KCB critical information infrastructure against external aggression from cyber criminals; respond to, resolve and recover from Cyber/IT Security incidents and attacks through proactive security incidence monitoring and also deliver an appropriate IT business continuity & data back-ups management capability for the Bank in the event of a material business interruption.
- Ensure the security of the core banking systems through adequate security management and administration measures.
- Develop and enforce IT policies, standards and procedures to ensure proper operations and maintenance of the IT assets.
- Implement appropriate transparency/escalation of all significant risks as appropriate in the weekly and monthly reports, and priority notifications to ensure minimum exposure to risk.
- Identifying risks via: analysis of monthly metrics and other indicators; review of IT conformance reports, security assessments, requests for policy/standard exceptions and health check results; responding to escalations and queries; regular discussions with the departments; and other means that may be available to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to mitigate exposure.
- Assessing identified risks in conjunction with other IT Departments, Information Risk and other Lines of Business to determine the impact/materiality in terms of financial loss/cost, reputation and/or regulatory risk and the likelihood and potential frequency of such risk occurring.
- Ensure appropriate action plans and delivery dates are in place to address material risks and any open internal or external audit items or regulatory issues, and tracking these actions to completion.
- Participate in the annual IS and IT audit plan with the Internal Audit in order to take note of the areas to be addressed.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure timely and responsive auditees, appropriate findings, and appropriate management responses and action plans.
- Coordinate with Operational Risk Control to ensure transparency of risks, appropriate measures in place to mitigate risks to within the Business risk appetite, and a positive and open working relationship.
- Providing guidance within the departments on topics related to ICT risk management such as achieving compliance with standards and policies, staying within the risk appetite of the KCB.
- Coordinating with the Departments to ensure all deadlines are met for core activities such as conformance, audits, regulatory reviews, priority initiatives, etc.
- Participation in the implementation of the Group Data Protection and Data Confidentiality programs.
- Responsible for implementing/establishing a process for safeguarding authentication devices against interference, loss and theft.
- To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or Related Field from a recognized university. A Master’s Degree will be added advantage.
- Must possess at least one security certification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CASP, BCM, Security +.
- A minimum of 10 years senior management experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in:
- 8 years’ experience in Core banking risk & security management,
- 8 years’ experience in Active directory management,
- 8 years’ experience in IT Security on operating systems and databases,
- 8 years’ experience in IT BCM, Data Back Ups & Archival Management,
- Knowledge of web security architecture is essential.
- Knowledge and skills on encryption, VPN is essential.
- Knowledge of web programming languages and software & security architectures is desired.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high performance.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
latest jobs in Kenya: IT Security Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Banking ICT / Computer
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Security; the IT Security Specialist will be responsible for innovation, implementation and support of systems that provide the tools for automating and securing the office environment throughout the KCB business.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on Banks infrastructure and applications in a bid to ensure that they are secure from external or internal hacking attempts.
- Research on and provide technical security expertise on continuous persistent threats affecting the banking industry to the Senior Manager, IT Risk & Security and DDIT.
- Develop IT Security Policies, Minimum Baseline Security Standards in line with industry best practices and technologies, commensurate with risk and regulatory requirements and implementing the same cost effectively.
- Provide technical security related support to projects from inception through to successful implementation to ensure that security is in built into the applications.
- Recognize and provide solutions for IT Security related problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Appropriately and practically defend the information enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Monitor internal and external threats, examine logs, events and alerts generated by multiple platforms for anomalous activity, evidence of security incidents and other error conditions that may constitute a breach in security or degradation of integrity or confidentiality of KCB Information Technology systems and information assets.
- Continuously update the IT security monitoring and assessment as required in view of the latest hacking techniques & also stay current on malware trends especially in the financial industry and also adjust the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends.
- Support the implementation of procedural, operational and technical Security Architecture enhancements.
- Ensure compliance to security standards, PCI/DSS, FIBS.
- For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Preferably a Bachelors Degree in ICT or Related Field from a recognized university. A Master’s Degree will be added advantage.
- Must possess at least one security certification such as CISSP, CISM or COMPTIA+.
- MCSE and/or MCSD certification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in:
- Active Directory Management.
- IT Security on operating systems and databases (UNIX, Microsoft, Oracle, SQL).
- Knowledge and skills on encryption, VPN.
- Experience in Project Implementation and User Training is desired.
- Good customer service and willingness to travel.
- Wide knowledge of web application security.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent problem analysis and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of various Banking operations.
4. Kenya Railways: Assistant Accounts Manager
Kenya Railways Corporation (KRC), also Kenya Railways (KR) is the national railway of Kenya. Established in 1977, KR is a state corporation. The KR has suffered from inefficient management, has a bloated work force, and has run deficit operations in spite of its potential. For several years there had been plans to privatize and revitalize the system. In 2005, Rift Valley Railways Consortium (RVRC) from South Africa won the concession to run KR and Uganda Railways Corporation.
latest jobs in Kenya: Assistant Accounts Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 8 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing
- Assisting in the production of the draft year end accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with auditors.
- Support most aspects of accounting management;
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and international best practices;
- Assist in the preparation of budget forecasts and monitoring;
- Assist in management of revenue, projects and tax matters;
- Review the corporation’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies and errors;
- Assist in the maintenance of the corporation financial management systems.
- Help in developments of reports for management and regulatory bodies;
- Manage the activities of staff under the unit.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration preferably in Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least two (2) years in Supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPA-K);
- Current Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Valid Practicing License where applicable
- Certificate in supervisory/management/leadership skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer