Antonio Conte in talks to an Inter agreement.

Antonio Conte in talks to an Inter agreement.

 In a new turn of events, Italian Serie A outfits Inter Milan (Internazionale) look close to agreeing a deal with the former Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte as their new manager.

The move will thus see Inter Milan sack their current coach Luciano Spalletti on the backdrop of a tipsy turvy 2018/2019 season.

Inter Milan are currently third in the Serie A standings with 63 points, 26 behind already crowned champions Juventus.

The Italian tactician has been linked with several managerial posts in the Italian Serie A, with the latest being of a potential move to Juventus, where he was to enjoy a second spell as manager and as a player in the Turin based club.

Conte has been off the touchline since July 2018 after being sacked by English club Chelsea following a difficult spell in the West London club.

Chelsea.
Former Chelsea coach Antonio Conte in the Chelsea touchline.

His fellow countryman Maurizio Sarri would later take over as the Chelsea manager.

READ ALSO:

In a communication from Goal.com, the Nerazzurri’s  are in discussion with the 49 year old gaffer and a lucrative offer is on the table.

With 2 years left in Luciano Spalletti’s contract, Antonio Conte looks to be his potential heir following the latter’s public confession about him being intrigued by the Inter ambitions and a move back to Italy looks to be in the offing.

However, if the talks yield up, Antonio Conte will join the Italian club after June 30 due to regulatory issues.

In a conversation with Le Nene, he claimed that there is a 60% chance for him to stay in Italy, a 30% chance for him to move abroad and a 10% chance for him to wait. A move to the San Siro looks to be on the cards!

 

Loading...