Recently, the National Hospital Insurance Fund introduced the NHIF Byproduct system to make a collection of employees’ monthly payroll simpler, faster and very efficient. Here is everything you need to know about the system.
What is NHIF Byproduct?
Every month NHIF captures amount deducted from every employee’s salary. This makes service delivery fast to all beneficiaries and dependents. Every employer is required to submit a list of his/her employees containing the name, ID number/ Passport no., and the respective amount which each employer is deducted.
To ease the process, NHIF introduced the Byproduct system which does the work of capturing the entire amount deducted from every employee. With this in mind, let’s jump straight to the main content.
How to submit NHIF Byproduct
Below are the three ways you can use to send your Byproduct.
- Payroll Byproduct/Pay online
Instead of sending hardcopy documents or emails to NHIF, you can now register on their portal after which you will be able to upload all the softcopy documents at once. This process is faster than the traditional method.
Also, note that NHIF only accepts Microsoft Excel (MS Excel) files which usually have .xls or .xlsx extensions.
In case of any issues you can contact their customer care through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via email
If you find it hard to submit your NHIF Byproduct, then you can directly send a copy of your Data entry document to the following g email addressed.
- How to fuliza na Mpesa
- How to pay NHIF via MPESA: A step by step guide
- Ubricoin: the next big cryptocurrency in the country!
- A STUDENT’S OPINION: “Who’s to blame for this insecurity? Is it the Police, JKUAT administration or students?”
NHIF Byproduct email contacts
Choose your nearest location from the table below:
North Eastern Region
Rift Valley Region
- Delivering to any nearest branch
Lastly, you can take a copy of your NHIF Byproduct in softcopy form (USB, CD, and so on) to any office countrywide.
Conditions under which your NHIF Byproduct may be rejected
- If your document does not have ID numbers of all the employees.
- If you submit NHIF Byproduct in the form of scanned images, MS word document and so on, you should stick to Excel.
- If your Byproduct does not have proof of payment.
To sum up, the new NHIF Byproduct system has reduced paperwork, simplified record keeping and made delivery of services fast. If you have any comments or questions, don’t hesitate to post them in the comments section below.